Deck Guardian FAQ
- What are your hours of operation?
||9:00 am – 6:00pm
||9:00 am – 3:00pm
- Do you serve all of New Jersey?
- We proudly serve entire state of new jersey with few exceptions.
- Do you work weekends and holidays?
- Deck Guardian Team is dedicated to customer satisfaction. We work weekends and holidays except the days with bad weather.
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Deck Guardian accepts and major credit cards and payment method.
- Do you provide financing?
- Deck Guardian does not provide financing, you will have to finance the project through your bank if necessary.
- Is there a warranty available for your work?
- Deck Guardian truly provides the best of all worlds. Your deck,fence porch or other outdoor living space is backed by Deck Guardian’s written warranty for workmanship of two years when Deck guardian’s exerts control as your remodeling contractor.
- Is it cheaper to repair a deck or get a new one?
- Although it requires an investment of time and money, it costs significantly less than replacement, as long as the deck is structurally intact and the wood is healthy. When Deck Guardian inspects your deck, We will be able to tell you if it can be repaired or if you need to tear it out and start over.
- Is composite better than wood?
- While a pressure-treated lumber may cost less initially, maintenance costs are significantly higher than on composite decks. On average, maintaining a wood deck will cost $450-$850 per year. Composite decking? just$5-$15 annually. Wood decks are also susceptible to mold, decay and insects) Composites retain their good looks year after year.
- How long does it take to resurface a deck?
- The time a deck resurfacing take is based on square feet and layout of the deck, but most decks take on average between 3-6 days to resurface.
- Do composite decks look like plastic?
- Composite decking has come a long way in the past five years. Today’s composites reflect the beauty of natural and exotic hardwoods, complete with subtle streaking and varied wood grain patterns.
- Do composite decks get hot?
- On a hot sunny day, composite decks do get hot. But because composite are mixed between wood and plastic will not be extremely hot. If you deck faces direct sun consider lighter colors to avoid attracting the sun light.
- What is the lifetime value of Trex?
- With pressure-treated wood decks, maintenance costs add up over time. Although Trex costs more initially, you’ll never have to sand, stain or paint your Trex deck. Over the life of your deck, those reduced maintenance costs add up to a greater value than wood – not to mention the value of all the time you get to spend enjoying your deck rather than working on it.
- How often do I need to wash my composite deck?
- Composite decking requires far lower maintenance than wood decking, but does require some maintenance to keep it looking good throughout the years, much like washing your car. For early generation composite decking , periodic cleaning with a deck wash is required. High-performance decking (Trex Transcend, Trex Enhance and Trex Select) require less work – a simple soap and water cleaning is all that is necessary to maintain the beauty of the products.
- How long will a Trex deck last?
- Composite decking typically consists of some type of plastic material, such as polyethylene and/or polyvinyl chloride, and wood particles. A good composite deck should come with at least 25 year warranty from manufacturer.
- How often do I need to service my deck?
- To ensure that you don’t need to go through the whole process of repairing or replacing your deck again for the next few decades,and to ensure absolute best protection and the best appearance it should be maintained on a yearly basis, make sure to properly clean and maintain it. It’s a good idea to set up a cleaning schedule to make sure your deck is getting the care it needs year-round.
- How long should I wait until I waterproof a new deck?
- A new pressure treated wood deck needs to cure before any sealant can be applied. If deck was build in spring allow it to cure 2-4 months, if build in summer 1-2 months, if build in fall 4-6 months.Is very important to seal the deck on time so the wood does not overdry and start cracking.
- Should I have my deck stripped before coating it?
- Before applying any coatings to your deck is crucial that you perform a good cleaning. If your current deck has a paint on it, it need to be striped so the new coating can adhere to bare wood for a longer lasting coverage.
- Why doesn’t the water on my deck bead up if its protected?
- Certain sealers use paraffin wax as a protective ingredient. If the sealer used on your deck contains this wax, you will see water bead for a period of time after the sealer is applied. Other sealers use oils as their protective ingredients. Although decks are sealed with an oil-based sealer will not bead water, they are fully protected from any damage that may be caused by weather.
- What other deck tips do you offer?
- Decks have become extensions of our homes. We eat dinner there, host parties, relax in hot tubs- even watch television. As the deck function has evolved, so have decking materials. Wood is no longer the only option.When it comes to durability, eco-friendliness, maintenance, and value, composites have become the smarter choice.