RESURFACING YOUR DECK WITH DECK GUARDIAN IS EASY TO DO, AND THE RESULTS ARE EASY TO LOVE.
If the boards on your existing deck are looking a bit worn – and the foundation and deck framing system are sound – you can simply replace the walking surfaces and deck railings with new #1 grade pressure treated lumber or HIGH PERFORMANCE composite giving you a brand new surface! RESURFACE & SAVE BIG!
Many times, the structure of your deck is still in great shape, and we can simply replace your flooring and railing. Occasionally it may be best remove the old deck and design a brand new project.
Deck Guardian Ultimate Resurfacing System includes following steps:
- Step 1. Safety inspection, checking joists spacing and overall condition of framing to determine if the substructure is sound, and what repairs are needed.
- Step 2. After obtaining any necessary building permits, carefully removing and discard the old decking and railing, leaving the substructure and framing in place.
- Step 3.Performing all necessary repairs on the substructure and inspect all framing/framing hardware for code compliance, structural integrity and compliance with the current building code.
- Step 4. Installation on new deck and rails as required by local building code.
- Step 5. Work site clean up.
When resurfacing your old deck you will have to chose between traditional treated wood or composite decking. Here are some pros and cons for the deck choices:
Treated Wood Decks
Pressure treated lumber is the most common type of decking material and is typically made from pine. Benefits of choosing this type of wood include:
- Lower Cost.
- This type of material is less expensive to manufacturer, thus lowering the total cost of construction. What this means for you is a high quality deck at a lower price. You can even use the money you save to buy deck accessories.
- Compared to untreated wood, pressure treated lumber is better protected from rotting, fungus, and bug infestation. This will save your deck in the longer and ensure that you won’t have to replace or repair it any time soon.
- More Traditional.
- Wood decks have a more classic look and feel to them. They compliment older or more traditional looking homes as well. If you want a more modern look, stains are available which can update the overall aesthetic of the deck.
Composite decks emulate the appearance of actual wood while minimizing the downsides. Composite decks have numerous benefits, including:
- Increased Durability.
- Composite decks are made from synthetic material that is capable of withstanding more wear and tear than traditional wood. It is also more resistant to weather and isn’t subject to rotting.
- Increased Longevity.
- A composite deck will typically last longer than a wood deck. Its increased durability and limited need for consistent upkeep increase its lifespan as compared to wood decks.
- No Painting or Staining.
- Composite decks come pre-colored, so there is no need to apply a stain or paint. This saves you time and money, now and in the future.
- Safe for Children and Pets.
- No need to worry about splinters with this deck material, vinyl does not break apart like wood does. Let your kids and pets roam free without anxiety.
The right deck can turn a bland, boring home into a beautiful and exciting one. Decks provide an escape from the confinement of a house to the wide open outdoors while still offering the comforts and safety we’ve come to expect. Attend a party, gather with family, or even eat a meal out on a deck and you’ll understand the freedom and enjoyment that comes with owning one.If you’re looking to add a deck to your home to enhance its elegance and enable you to appreciate your home more, contact DECK GUARDIAN today. There are numerous options that are completely customizable to your style and preference. Our professionals can help you decide what works best with your needs and home and then we’ll go to work adding a beautiful new deck to your home.